Easter • The Resurrection of Our Lord
April 16, 2017
Lutheran Book of Worship – Setting 1
Please stand as you are able when indicated by *
Prelude: “Fanfare” Lemmons
Welcome & Announcements
Brief Order for Confession & Forgiveness p. 56
* HYMN: “The Strife is O’er, the Battle Done” #135
* Apostolic Greeting & Kyrie p. 57-58
* Hymn of Praise (“This is the feast…”) p. 60-61
* Prayer of the Day (bulletin insert)
First Reading (bulletin insert)
Psalm (bulletin insert)
Second Reading (bulletin insert)
* Gospel Acclamation p. 62
* Holy Gospel (bulletin insert)
Sermon “Christ Alone”
* HYMN: “Now All the Vault of Heaven Resounds” #143
* Nicene Creed p. 64
* Prayers of the Church p. 65-66
* The Peace
Offering & Solo: “He Loves Us” Miriam Vines, Susan Ryman
* The Great Thanksgiving p. 68-69
* Words of Institution & Lord’s Prayer p. 69, 71
Agnus Dei and Holy Communion p. 72
* Post-Communion Blessing
* Post-Communion Canticle (“Thank the Lord…”) p. 72
* Benediction & Amen p. 74
* HYMN: “Jesus Christ Is Risen Today” #151
* Postlude: “That Easter Day with Joy Was Bright” Mansfield
The altar flowers today are given to the glory of God in celebration
of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Welcome to our Easter Visitors! Grace Lutheran Church
welcomes you to worship this morning. Please fill out a visitor
card, found in your welcome bag or available from an usher, and
place it in the offering plate.
If you have questions or are interested in hearing about
membership, please see Pastor Ryman or contact him using the
information on the front of this bulletin.
Those who are baptized and believe that
Jesus Christ, crucified and risen, is truly present in, with, and
under the forms of bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins,
life, and salvation, are welcome at the Lord’s Table. Please let the
pastor know you wish to receive this gift of life by holding your
open hands toward the cup.
We encourage that young children be brought forward for a
blessing. The sign for a blessing is folded hands.
Sunday School Classes
• There is no Sunday School this morning. Everyone is invited to
fellowship with refreshments following worship. Please join us.
• Sunday School resumes next week with children’s class in the
rear of the chapel and adult class in the lounge next to the chapel.
Pr. Ryman will be teaching us how to read the Scripture through
the lens of the catechism.
Disciples in Service today, April 16
Ushers: Richard Maxey, Rob Maxey Organist: Steve Holland
Lay Reader: Debbie Voigt Acolyte: Ruby Hurst
Servers: Ann Roth, Sam George Crucifer: Garrett Price
Disciples in Service next Sunday, April 23
Ushers: Scott and Judy Hinrichs Organist: Steve Holland
Lay Reader: Rob Maxey Acolyte: William Roberts
Servers: Holly and Dan Alloway Crucifer: Garrett Price
grace lutheran church
Grace: a gift from God, a place for you.
Meeting at Hayworth-Miller Chapel
108 East Kinderton Way, Advance, NC
P.O. Box # 1735, Clemmons, NC
Rev. Mark Ryman, Pastor
336-684-5634 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Christ-Centered • Mission-Driven
• Traditionally-Grounded • Congregationally-Focused