The Holy Trinity
June 11, 2017
Lutheran Book of Worship – Setting 1
Please stand as you are able when indicated by *
Prelude: “Improvisation on Old Hundreth” Jordan
Welcome & Announcements
Brief Order for Confession & Forgiveness p. 56 (start here)
* Hymn: “Holy, Holy, Holy” #165
* Apostolic Greeting & Kyrie p. 57-58
* Hymn of Praise (“This is the feast…”) p. 60-61
* Prayer of the Day
The First Reading Genesis 1:1–2:4
Psalm Psalm 8
The Second Reading Acts 2:14a, 22–36
* Gospel Acclamation p. 62
* The Holy Gospel Matthew 28:16–20
Sermon “No Bodily Harm”
* Hymn: “God, Whose Almighty Word” #400
* Nicene Creed p. 64
* Prayers of the Church p. 65-66
* The Peace
Offering, Offertory (“Let the vineyards…”) & Prayer p. 66
* The Great Thanksgiving p. 68-69
* Words of Institution & Lord’s Prayer p. 69, 71
Agnus Dei and Holy Communion p. 72
* Post-Communion Blessing
* Post-Communion Canticle (“Thank the Lord…”) p. 72
* Benediction & Amen p. 74
* Hymn: “Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise” #526
* Postlude: “Holy, Holy, Holy” Post
The altar flowers today are given to the glory of God
by Elizabeth and Roger Hull.
Grace Lutheran Church welcomes you to worship this morning.
Please fill out a visitor card, found in your welcome bag or
available from an usher, and place it in the offering plate. If you
have questions or are interested in hearing about membership,
please see Pastor Ryman or contact him using the information on
the front of this bulletin.
Those who are baptized and believe that Jesus
Christ, crucified and risen, is truly present in, with, and under the
forms of bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins, life, and
salvation, are welcome at the Lord’s Table. Please let the pastor
know you wish to receive this gift of life by holding your open
hands toward the cup. We encourage you to bring forward young
children for a blessing. The sign for a blessing is folded hands.
As you come forward, receive the bread, move to one of the
cupbearers and dip the bread into the wine, then partake.
Sunday School Classes
• Everyone is invited to fellowship with coffee, juice, and doughnuts
before classes in the kitchen area.
• A children’s class meets in the rear of the chapel.
• An adult class meets in the lounge next to the chapel.
Disciples in Service today, June 11
Ushers: Rob Maxey, Rik Maxey Organist: Steve Holland
Lay Reader: Denise Less Acolyte: Adam Frucht
Servers: Holly and Dan Alloway Crucifer: Garrett Price
Disciples in Service next Sunday, June 18
Ushers: Judy and Scott Hinrichs Organist: Steve Holland
Lay Reader: Susan Ryman Acolyte: William Roberts
Servers: Marcia and Lee Bailey Crucifer: Garrett Price
A called congregational meeting is scheduled for June 25, 2017,
immediately following our 8:30am service of worship.
grace lutheran church
Grace: a gift from God, a place for you.
Meeting at Hayworth-Miller Chapel
108 East Kinderton Way, Advance, NC
PO Box #1735, Clemmons, NC
Rev. Mark Ryman, Pastor
336-684-5634 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Christ-Centered • Mission-Driven
• Traditionally-Grounded • Congregationally-Focused