Third Sunday After Pentecost
June 25, 2017
Lutheran Book of Worship – Setting 1
Please stand as you are able when indicated by *
Prelude: “O Thou of God the Father” Buxtehude
Welcome & Announcements
Brief Order for Confession & Forgiveness p. 56
* Hymn: “Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty” #250
* Apostolic Greeting & Kyrie p. 57-58
* Hymn of Praise (“This is the feast…”) p. 60-61
* Prayer of the Day
The First Reading Jeremiah 20:7-14
Psalm (chanted responsively by whole verse) Psalm 91:1-16
The Second Reading Romans 6:12-23
* Gospel Acclamation p. 62
* The Holy Gospel Matthew 10:5a, 21-33
* Hymn: “Children of the Heavenly Father” #474
* Nicene Creed p. 64
* Prayers of the Church p. 65-66
* The Peace
Offering, Offertory (“Let the vineyards…”) & Prayer p. 66
* The Great Thanksgiving p. 68-69
* Words of Institution & Lord’s Prayer p. 69, 71
Agnus Dei and Holy Communion p. 72
* Post-Communion Blessing
* Post-Communion Canticle (“Thank the Lord…”) p. 72
* Benediction & Amen p. 74
* Hymn: “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God” #229
* Postlude: “Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation” Rohig
The altar flowers today are given to the glory of God
by Beth and Rusty Bates.
Grace Lutheran Church welcomes you to worship this morning.
Please fill out a visitor card, found in your welcome bag or
available from an usher, and place it in the offering plate. If you
have questions or are interested in hearing about membership,
please see Pastor Ryman or contact him using the information on
the front of this bulletin.
Holy Communion Those who are baptized and believe that Jesus
Christ, crucified and risen, is truly present in, with, and under the
forms of bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins, life, and
salvation, are welcome at the Lord’s Table. Please let the pastor
know you wish to receive this gift of life by holding your open
hands toward the cup. We encourage you to bring forward young
children for a blessing. The sign for a blessing is folded hands.
As you come forward, receive the bread, move to one of the
cupbearers and dip the bread into the wine, then partake.
A congregational meeting follows today’s service of worship.
Sunday School Classes
• Everyone is invited to fellowship with coffee, juice, and doughnuts
before classes in the kitchen area.
• A children’s class meets in the rear of the chapel.
• An adult class meets in the lounge next to the chapel.
Disciples in Service today, June 25
Ushers: Steve Frucht, Bob Haines Organist: Steve Holland
Lay Reader: Roger Hull Acolyte: Adam Frucht
Servers: Ann Roth, Rusty Bates Crucifer: Garrett Price
Disciples in Service next Sunday, July 2
Ushers: Sam George, Richard Maxey Organist: Steve Holland
Lay Reader: Debbie Voigt Acolyte: Adam Frucht
Preacher: Roger Hull Crucifer: Marc Voigt
Grace Lutheran Church
Grace: a gift from God, a place for you.
Meeting at Hayworth-Miller Chapel
108 East Kinderton Way, Advance, NC
PO Box #1735, Clemmons, NC
Rev. Mark Ryman, Pastor
336-684-5634 • email@example.com
• Christ-Centered • Mission-Driven
• Traditionally-Grounded • Congregationally-Focused